Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Handkerchief edging No 1

I recently bought a Mary Konior pattern book and this is an edging that I have done from it called Faith, Hope and Charity.
I decided to edge a handkerchief for myself to keep in my handbag. I have had the handky since I was a young girl back in the 1950/60's, but it has never been used....I'm amazed that is has stayed so beautifully white!.... and the thread is vintage Coates size 40 c...1960's
The pattern is just rings, but beautifully designed. There are no diagrams but it is well written and easy to follow.

5 comments:

Fox said...

LOVE it! I am so into hankies at the moment that the thumbnail jumped right out at me! Beautiful.
Fox : )

Unknown said...

Linda, esta precioso este borde, en azul luce increible por sencillo que tu digas que es; un verdadero lujo. Besos

Suztats said...

I like how you picked up the flower colour for your edging! Very nice!

Carla said...

Very nice edging!

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely pretty edging, it must be the age we were born in hankies were always kept in our pockets or handbags, that was until the tissues came along and you cant edge a tissues yet.
Margaret