I thought you would all like to see how I have developed the gladiolus that I have been designing. Even the experts don't always get it right first time! Sometimes a pattern works out well with just one go but I find that that is not very often. It is much more likely to take 3 or even more goes to get it exactly how I want it.
The first picture shows the very first trial. I didn't bother to complete the third petal as I new it was not right. The petals need to be pointed and this was no way near enough.
The second picture shows that by doing the lock stitch chain (LSC) it achieved the point that I was after but on the first two petals I did the centre vein with block tatting. On the third petal I decided to do the centre vein with LSC to see what a difference it made and I thought that it looked much better.
The third picture shows my finished design of the petals. I will make another set of three petals and place them, offset, on top of the first set to achieve the correct shape of the gladilous.
Now all I have to do is to write out the pattern, design the calyx and make a bud! Not much pressure then!!! But you all know I love it really!