My dear daughter-in-law asked me to make her another doily in brown and cream, to match her decor, to go under a vase.
On the journey to visit my mum on Tuesday, I came up with this design and finished it last night.
I used split rings and split chains to climb out of the rounds to prevent tying and cutting, but this shows up as the wrong colour. I decided that it didn't matter as the centre would be under the ornament and not seen.
I eventually worked out how to do the split chain with just one colour, but I couldn't remember how to do a single shuttle split ring, which might have solved the two-colour problem in the rings!
I really enjoyed doing this simple pattern and I am going to do it again with a single variagated thread and write the pattern out at the same time. When it is done I will post it here on my blog.