Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Saturday, 2 June 2012

Hexagon - plain and simple

 This little motif is a very simple hexagon but can be put together to obtain lots of different shapes. I have simply kept it in an overall hexagon shape in this doily, but you can make triangles, diamonds, rectangles, squares, etc..
I shall not write the pattern out for this, as it is so simple, I am sure that someone must have designed it before.

10 comments:

Ladytats said...

simple and elegant Linda, a very pretty doily

God's Kid said...

That looks wonderful!! :)

Michelle said...

Simple yes, but stunning in execution and color.

Bonnie said...

Very Pretty!

Monica said...

I think I have seen something similar in Patty Duff's mini tats...

I love what you have done here with the repeats. Excellent work as always!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

This is what I love about tatting - even the most basic design, such as the clover and chain, can be turned into an elegant work of art, and almost be disguised . I love the negative spaces here as well.

Carla said...

Beautiful, maybe I try this pattern too!

Gunhild said...

So nice, pretty and effective!

Joy McKenzie said...

Love this little design, thanks for sharing
Hugs
Joy in OZ

Frivole said...

I really like this too. And I definitely agree that sometimes the simplest designs are incredibly effective.