Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Knitting squares


I was given a pattern for knitting squares directly onto one another so doing away with having to sew them together. I used just left over double knitting wool I happened to have in my stash, hence the odd arrangement of colours. The pattern worked very well and I was pleased with the end result. My hubby has claimed it as his "wuss" blanket for when he needs a "horizontal"

When I was making the above blanket I thought the pattern would lend itself well to two colours and tweaked it a bit to achieve the effect I was looking for. This is going to be a cushion cover but I thought I would do the back differently so that I can chop and change sides whenever I feel like it. You can see how far I have got on the bottom picture.


3 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely blanket, it's a great way to use up odd balls of wool
Margaret

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I'm intrigued that the squares can be knit together as you go. I think the colors look great together, in an attractive design! That's a very useful blanket using scrap yarn! And an excellent idea to have the pillow look different on both sides. I like the intertwining color changes of the cables!

On a tatting note, I recently looked at your Tatted Heart pattern, and I'm looking forward to making it. It is a very clever use of clover leafs in the design and looks easy to tat!
Thanks so much for sharing it!

N. Maria said...

Fun knitting.....especially when you don't have to sew up afterwards!