Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Monday 7 April 2008

Pom Pom Dahlia



I have put this pom pom dahlia on my blog to show the use of a button with a shank. This flower is quite labour intensive but the end result is very effective. The petals are made individually and then glued onto the flat top of the button. I then thread a wire through the shank to represent the flower stem.
I have now added a link to the PDF pattern of this flower.

5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Honestly, I gasped when this picture popped up! It's lovely!

OmonSan said...

Just like the real thing, it made me want to go and pic it! Wonderful!

Unknown said...

I like how you glued the matching fabric to "fill in" the petals. I think that's what really makes this flower special. Thanks for sharing.

Wendy said...

Truly an amazing work of art!!! I was totally taken aback when I saw it. So wonderful!!!
Wendy

Singtatter said...

Hi Linda, I do follow your blog and really admire all the flowers you did. You never cease to amaze. Thanks for adding a link to my new blog.