Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Thursday 29 July 2010

Amarllyis and Cross Bookmarks


This Amaryllis is the last flower for my latest book Tatted Flowers From Bulbs. I have yet to wire and assemble it, but I think you can see the shape appearing. Amazingly, I designed it very quickly, with only one alteration, from my hospital bed. My brain must have been boosted with the blood transfusion I had following my surgery!LOL



These two bookmarks are the ones that I designed whilst I was in hospital. They are similar....variations on a theme. It was just something to do after I had finished the amrylis flower above. Really good therapy.....when I am concentrating on designing I do not concentrate on pain!

12 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful pieces... I'm not sure I could tat my way through the pain, but I understand what you're saying.

BSOTF said...

Wow,they are all very lovely & I can't wait to get your book. I'm glad to see that you are doing so well. Remember to take it easy so you can do the high kick at your son's wedding..LOL! We just want you to get better so take it easy.

John said...

The Amarylis is wonderful. Easily identified.

I've been lurking and praying for your recovery!

Fox said...

Wow, that must have been quite a challenge!

Love the red cross - very historical look to it.
Fox : )

God's Kid said...

Your flowers are so amazing! And the bookmarks are very nice! :)

Marty said...

Your Amarylis is beautiful even without being wired. Another book I've just got to have! It's good to see you've been using designing as pain blockers -- that can only benefit you (and all of the rest of us who love your designs!).

AnneB said...

I love the Amarylis!

Suztats said...

Wow, even an operation and hospital stay doesn't slow you down! I love the amaryllis design. The bookmarks are a nice 'architextural' design.

Maureen said...

That's a Benedict Cross, Linda!! - just wonderful, bring on the oxygen more often if it helps with pattern designing!

Tat-a-Renda said...

You are amazing! This is lovely as are all you flower designs.

Aren't we all lucky that your creativity continues even during the hospital stay. Glad to read that you are back.

N. Maria said...

I, too, am not sure I could tat through pain. Ouch!
I'm so glad you are feeling good and on the road to recovery.
Beautiful work!

Clotat said...

really beatiful not only the bookmarks but the flowers too.. just a doubt.. do you put the wire at the time you are tatting it or when you finish the flower?
greeting
clau