Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Monday 2 March 2009

Wired Clunies!


As many of you will know, my latest projects have been to include clunies. I have decided to enter the Ring of Tatters 2009 competition which is to design a card. My entry, of course, will remain a secret, but I thought I would share one little bit with you.


Cluny leaves look really stunning but I wanted my leaves to be wired and so I thought I would try to incorporate wire into the weaving of the cluny and hey presto! I have a wired cluny that I can bend into a natural leaf shape!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is intresting. I hope you'd be willing to share how this accomplished with us at a later date.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

This is cool. I have recently done the same thing...but the clunies are flower petals rather than leaves. Yours looks so shiny.

Unknown said...

The leaves look great and present great possibilities.

Art by JoyMac said...

The wired clunies look fantastic and so valuable as you can shape them...great idea...hope that you will share the idea.
What thread did you use it is so lovely and shiny.