Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Sunday 21 February 2010

Bridal progress so far

The headdress is now completed and I have used lots of the cluny designs that I have developed recently, together with other of my favourite own designs. Although it looks like a complete is not. It is open at the back, where the feathers come together on each side. This is where I shall be attaching the Juliette veil....not quite sure how yet, but I'm sure I'll work it out when the time comes!

I have decided to do the "hens and chicks" pattern, that is loved by many, to edge the wedding veil. I am using a size 2o thread with 3mm beads. Now, I know some of you will be thinking that this is rather thick thread for a delicate wedding veil, but in my many years of experience in making wedding veils with beaded tatted edgings, a very fine thread can only be seen when you are very close up to the bride, whereas a thicker thread really stands out from a distance. Also, I have found that thicker thread, together with lots and lots of beads, instead of weighing down the veil, makes it hang beautifully and has less tendencies to be as "fly away" in a breeze.

70th Birthday Card

Here is the card that I promised to blog about in the previous post.

I have also included a picture of the verses inside the card.

Saturday 13 February 2010


Birthday cards are the order of the day today. My mother's 83rd birthday will be on Tuesday 16th February and I have made one to give from my husband and myself, and one to give from my son and his fiance.

I have one more to make for a friend, to give to a friend who will soon be 70. I have printed out the card and verse and made some of the flowers to decorate it with, but it's not quite finished yet. I will post a picture when it is completed.

Wednesday 10 February 2010

Motifs completed so far

These are the motifs that I have completed so far, for future DIL's bridal headband. Sorry the picture is not of the best quality, but, as usual, I was in a hurry! LOL
Many more to do yet!

Monday 8 February 2010

Headdress decision is made

For those who are following the saga of the bridal headdress for my future daughter-in-law, together we have come up with the final solution. She is going to have a full circle headress with a Juliette veil which drapes from the back.

The following picture is what she saw to make up her mind on the sort of thing she would like (but using the cluny rosettes and of course lots of other tatted motifs). We then developed it further into a full circle plus the little veil at the back to soften the shortness of her hair.

I have already made several motifs and wired them, plus some pearl tatting over wire (that will please Mark Myers), but there is still a lot more to do. I will post some pics as it developes.

I know she will look beautiful!

Sunday 7 February 2010

Web Site

Just to let everyone know that my web site is back up and running after it was down for a while, whilst I changed ISP.

The web site address is now

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Bridal Headdress Cluny Motifs

These are the lates motifs I have designed that I intend to make into a bridal headdress. My future DIL wanted me to make her a tiara for the big day (which I have done...see previous post) but since her original request she developed breast cancer and has lost all her hair with the treatment.

Although the wedding is not until 4th September, her hair will still be very short, probably about 3 inches max and as such, I don't think that a tiara will be easy to wear. To soften the blow I entend to have one or two alternatives for her to wear, like these motifs made up onto a comb and also, I thought I might make a headband type. Originally she had not intended to wear a veil, but a little veil coming straight down from a combed headdress that can be worn at the back of the head would soften the shortness of her hair.

I will post more pics later in the process.
If anyone has any other ideas I would love to hear them.