Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Wednesday 25 August 2010

Starting again

I have my new laptop and I have made a start on re-doing my book Tatted Flowers From Bulbs. Fortunately Jeff Hamilton kindly sent me 3 of my patterns on PDF that he had test tatted for me and so I have been able to just copy and paste these three....only about another 6 to go....but of course this time I have to type out the whole patterns and re-do the pictures!

Not long now to the big day! I tried on my whole ensemble the other day, but I did not like it! I have decided to wear something completely different, the prerogative of the mother of the groom to change her mind! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! LOL

AND I have had my hair cut was down as far as my shoulder blades! I've gone for a whole new look!

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Laptop Distaster!

Sunday evening I DROPPED MY LAPTOP onto the patio and it is completely kaput! When we took the hard drives out to recover my files, one was OK, but the one with all my important files on was completely unsalvageable!

I have all my books on back-up disks, but not my latest book, Flowers From Bulbs. It was very nearly finished and now I will have to start all over again! It's a salutary lesson. In future I will back-up much more frequently.

All my new video files are gone, that is something else that I will have to start again!

Many of my latest tatting pictures are gone, but I can recover several of them from my free pattern PDF files, as they are hosted on the internet.

So, my dear friends, learn from my mistakes, and make sure you back-up your important files regularly!

Thursday 5 August 2010

Amaryllis -New Stem

Following advice from the comments on my previous post of my Amaryllis, I have put three thick wires together and encapsulated them with tatting. I hope the finished item meets with my critics' approval LOL!

Leaves for the bulb flowers

No flower is complete without it's leaves and so I have done a set of leaves for my new flowers. they are all variations on a theme, as I find most leaves for the bulb flowers tend to be thin with varying lengths. The tulip and amaryllis are not as thin, but still very similar in design.

Sunday 1 August 2010

Amaryllis - completed!

I have now finished off the Amaryllis.
I have wired it using 24 and 18 gauge green coated wires and yellow stamens. I get the wire and the stamens from my local sugarcraft shops.....or you may know them better as cake decorating stores.
My next job is to write out the instructions to make up the Amaryllis and then to check through all the patterns carefully.
When I have done that the new book "Tatted Flowers From Bulbs" will be ready to put on my web site.