Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Sunday 12 April 2009

4 steps to heaven!

I wanted to design a heart to put onto a couple of wedding cards that I have to make this year and I thought I would share the progression with you all.

I have only used a cheapy size 20 thread to expeirment with but I will use finer threads for the real article!

Knowing that there are dozens of hearts out there in tat-land someone is bound to have done something similar to this one, therefore I will not be publishing a pattern for it! If anyone knows of someone elses pattern that is identical then please let me know. I have not studied anyone else's heart, but there is only so many ways of coming up with the same shape!

7 comments:

Valerie said...

very sweet, all of them.

Nima said...

Hi linda....all the hearts look pretty. I like the 1st and 3rd more. I'm very much new in tatting , just learning the first steps of tatting...your video tutorial is very helpful , i'm trying to learn the correct way to add beads to my work with the help of your tutorial. thank you for sharing your pattern and tutorial

Unknown said...

What!!! No pattern for them??? But they are all so gorgeous and pretty! I was hoping to have the pattern.


:(.....


That's me...pouting...hope it works, LOL!

;)

Melissa said...

I've only seen some that are like #1 but I've never seen anything like #4 I love how it is! Are you going to post a pattern for it?

Gina said...

I especially like #3. I don't recall seeing any with a crown on the hump like that but sometimes they all seem a blur to me!

Toptattyhead said...

Thank you everyone for all your comments. It has really surprised me that several of you prefer numbers 1 throught 3! As far as I was concerned I hadn't got it right until I did number 4!
If the pattern of number 4 is truly unique I will definitely publish the pattern.

Singtatter said...

I prefer 1 and 4, the top part of 4 is unique.