Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Thursday 3 April 2008

Complete Golden Tiara

Here is the little golden tiara completely made up. I use welding wire (from the ironmongers), cut to size, and covered with gold ribbon, for the tiara base and I have glued the tatting onto it. I re-stiffened the tatting with a good spray of extra-hold hairspray to finish it off. The hairpsray gives the crystals a good shine as well as helping with the stiffening! I've held the tiara in the second picture so that you have an idea of the actual size.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work I am inspired for some projects, now.

Tattycat said...

Very pretty Linda. You are a talented, determined lady!

Bonnie said...

Very Beautiful!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I know some little princesses who would love to have tiaras... somehow, I don't think I could let them play with one of yours... they're too beautiful!

Toptattyhead said...

Thank you, All, for you lovely comments. Don't forget, Diane, that tatting is very strong - by it's nature of double knots - and the tiaras can so easily be re-stiffened, that it is an ideal dress-up accessory for a little girl!

Loredana said...

You are one talented lady. This is a beautiful tiara!