Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Sunday 27 July 2008

Star Doily All Finished!!!

I have now completed the star doily and am very pleased with the end result. With using size 40 Coates thread it is only 7" in diameter....I was hoping for a larger doily and so I will have to do a different one in the future.

The only problem I found with blocking, was that I had to slightly overlap some chains in the outside row (see picture) to make it lie flat. I think that one picot less would have prevented this and so I will try 6 p instead of 7 p next time!

7 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Absolutely beautiful! I can't believe how fast you tat! It takes me weeks to finish a doily!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful!

mamatejedora said...

Congratulations Linda absolutely beautiful doily!!!!!!!!!!!!
Irma Luna

Gina said...

OH, I like that it's only 7". It's very pleasing to the eye.

:-) Gina

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the tatting world. I am glad you are getting better. The doily looks very nice.

Singtatter said...

Great to have you back and well! The doily looks grand, I'm always in awe of those who tat doilies.

Unknown said...

Oh, WOW! That is just gorgeous. I love it. It's such a beautiful pattern. I'm so glad you feel good enough to tat it!