Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Thursday 15 April 2010

Roses - completed



These are the three sizes of roses that I have decided on for my design of the cake. The only thing that I have to do to them is to dust them with shiny, ivory petal dust, but I won't do this until they are very dry and hard. Now then, back to the next 3 dozen roses! LOL.
I cannot do any more to the cake as it is far too soon. Although rich fruit cake keeps for years, the marzipan colour can leach into the icing if it is done too soon. I always use the natural marzipan instead of the yellow, which helps to minimise this leaching, but I won't take any chances!

6 comments:

Miranda said...

Talented cake decorators always amaze me. If I couldn't see the wires, I would believe these roses were real. As it is, my mouth is watering.

Jeff Hamilton said...

Wow! Your roses are absolutely stunning. I agree with Miranda. They definitely look real. The wire gives them away. I sure wish I had your talent for this. Mind you, I'd have even less time time to do anything.

Vanessa said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Art by JoyMac said...

Hi Linda,
The video is just great...thank you so much for sharing...your one very clever lady
Hugs
Joy

Unknown said...

Beutiful and so delicate.

BoB

Carla said...

Wonderful! You're a genius.